You are hereHome › How to use this site ›
How to use this site
How to use this site
Get the most from your Membership.
Hi, thanks for stopping by the Stripes Military Moms community!
We've made Stripes Military Moms faster, better looking and easier to use. With so much new going on, we know the new features may require a bit of getting used to, so we put together an overview to help you find your way around and start to enjoy the community as soon as possible. Here's a quick look at some of the new features you'll find on Stripes Military Moms:
- Points: Every time you do things on the site like posting comments, writing in the forums, inviting other users to join or even adding a Stripes Military Moms affiliate badge to your personal blog (more on that below), you get "points." These points are added automatically to your profile. Click on My Account (top right) and then on the points tab to see how many points you have accumulated. What do you do with them? Read on to find out.
- Friend requests: From time to time you may receive friendship requests from other Stripes Military Moms members, or will want to friend someone on the site. To look for other members, click on the Members page, (top right) and browse the public profiles. Select the person's profile and send a friend request. It's that easy! Want to check for your own requests? Go to "My Account" and click on the "friend requests" tab to view. Of course, you can always keep your profile private so others can't send you requests, and you can block specific users as well.
- Gifts: Is there a member whose comments you really enjoy? Do you like someone's blog? Show him or her your appreciation! You can send a virtual gift like a bouquet of flowers, a teddy bear or a cup of coffee – and best of all, it's free. You "pay" for the virtual gifts by using the points you have accrued on the site. To give someone a gift, visit the Members page and enter the name of the person that you want to send a gift or browse for the person. Once you have found that friend, click on her or his profile and then click the "send a gift" button.
- How to submit a blog: One of the most interesting features of Stripes Military Moms is that military families and spouses can list their personal blogs on our site. Have a blog you want others to read? By sharing your RSS feed and a link to your site, you participate more fully in the community (and get more traffic on your site hopefully!). Submitting your blog is easy. Send us your RSS feed link and we'll take care of the rest. Click on blogs and then on the "Submit your blog" button on the bottom. Fill out the form and we'll take it from there. After a few days for us to review and approve your blog, you'll see it included on this site. You'll need to be a member of Stripes Military Moms, and we'll use the RSS feed to pull the text content from your site (no photos) onto Stripes Military Moms. You retain the copyright to your content, but you do give us the right to publish and maybe feature your blog posts on our site so others can enjoy them. If you have questions about submitting a blog to Stripes Military Moms, please drop us a line and we'll help you with that.
- Reset your password / find user name: You want to login but don't remember your password or user name? No problem. Right on the registration page, click on the "request new password" tab and enter your email address. Click on the "Email new password" button at the bottom. You'll receive an email to your email address on file that includes a link to your username and directions to reset your password. Once you set up the new password you can login and start enjoying all the features of Stripes Military Moms.
- Website affiliate badge: Show the world that you're part of the Stripes Military Moms community! There's no better way than by proudly displaying a "I am a Member" badge on your website or personal blog. Visit our Affiliates page and grab the HTML code on the page (the code will display a logo and link to Stripes Military Moms). Paste this code onto your site and you are ready to go (see the admin tools / help on your site or blog or contact us if you need help).
Please enjoy Stripes Military Moms – and be sure to share it on Facebook with others!
Contact us with any questions!